If you are a beginner, researching vape liquid information can be overwhelming and daunting. That’s why we’ve gathered all the most important information here. Below you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions that will help you understand all the issues.
What is vape juice?
Simply put, vape juice is a combination of nicotine (optionally, in different concentrations) with an aroma. you use it with an electronic cigarette practically the same way you would smoke traditional cigarettes. Except there’s no awful taste or smell. Vape juice appears on the market under several interchangeable names such as ‘e-liquids’ or ‘vape liquids’. However, all these names mean the same product.
What is in vape liquid?
Vape liquid it usually has three or four ingredients:
- PG – propylene glycol – is an odorless liquid that is designed to carry the flavor of vape juice. Thanks to PG, we also have the feeling of a ‘ throat hit’, which can be felt when smoking traditional cigarettes
- VG – vegetable glycerin – provides maximum flavor. Basically, it is a sweet liquid that is there to provide you with vapor production, it’s also smoother on the inhale. VG is used in a variety of products, from caramel to soap and toothpaste.
- flavoring – almost unlimited combination possibilities. All the flavors you like: fruity, sweet, menthol, or tobacco, can be found at https://ecigarettesworld.ie/e-liquids/
- nicotine – the addictive ingredient you can find in traditional cigarettes. However, you can find vape juice without nicotine. Generally, people who are transitioning from smoking to vaping prefer to have some nicotine in the beginning.
The most commons variety of nicotine
Vape liquids come in several different variants of nicotine strengths. Among so many options, it is easy to find the one that will be most suitable for us. Over time, you may even realize that you need different options for different occasions and even for different parts of the day. The most popular versions of nicotine:
- 3 mg/mL or 0.3% = super low
- 6 mg/mL or 0.6% = low
- 12 mg/mL or 1.2% = low to medium
- 18-24 mg/mL or 1.8% – 2.4% = medium to high
- 36 mg/mL or 3.6% and above = super high.
Can vape juice go bad?
Generally yes, but it’s not the same as food going bad. Vape liquid is very shelf-stable. Sometimes even can change color and be browner but it’s not mean that is had expired. You should always check that there is an expiration date on the package. Most often it is 2 years from the date of production. Vape juices don’t like oxygen, sunlight, and heat. However, you don’t need to keep it in the fridge. Just store it in a dry, dark, cool cupboard. Once you’ve opened a vape liquid, air can get into it and all products will start to oxidize. What you should remember, this process is very very slow. Till you’re keeping your juice for a long time (like over a year) it should be fine.