Oak is a great species for parquet wood flooring. The protean nature of Oak means it’s perfect for all kinds of design schemes.
A natural looking Oak parquet bottom will develop from a pale tan-biscuit tinge to a further honeyed look, growing naturally and with grace.
Because Oak takes colors veritably well, it lends itself well topre-sealed flooring. Our range of pre-sealed Oak parquet bottoms go from the fashionable warm slate coloured Coastal Grey waxed Oak parquet to the dark and dramatic finish of our Jacobean lacquered parquet.
While a waxed finish penetrates into the wood to cover the timber and enhance the grain, a lacquered finish gives a subtle boost to the wood face but still retains a natural look and feel.
IS SOLID OAK FLOORING SUITABLE FOR ANY ROOM IN THE HOME?
- Oak is a durable wood that will perform for further than a continuance in numerous apartments of the home. The flooring is a great option for living apartments, bedrooms, kitchens and hallways, with its golden tones bringing a lovely sense of warmth beneath the bases.
- The only room that is n’t suitable for solid oak flooring is the restroom. This space is regularly subject to changing situations of humidity conditions that do n’t forebode well with the bottom.
- Wood naturally absorbs and releases humidity from the air and while doing so, its filaments expand and contract.
- In unstable conditions with shifting moisture (similar as in the restroom) oak planks are at threat of this kind of movement and befitting oak in similar conditions can affect peering or cupping in the bottom.
IS SOLID OAK FLOORING SUITABLE FOR Floors?
- There’s no reason why solid oak flooring should n’t be chosen for homes but there are many effects to bear in mind.
- These bottoms have high home stretches which help to cover them from small scrapes and wet shakes after walks.
- As oak parquet flooring is a smooth flooring, it’s also much easier to clean than a carpet and does n’t harbor the dirt or bacteria in the same way that a carpet does.
- Of course, as with any bottom, there’s always the threat of some damage from your furry musketeers.
- To try and minimize this threat, we recommend choosing a waxed solid oak bottom as scrapes are less visible and more fluently repaired with this finish.
- It’s also stylish practice to keep claws neat and to clean up any little accidents incontinently to avoid any staining or deformation
in your bottom.
- Plus, it’s always a good idea to keep coir matting at doorways and to insure your pet is wiped clean and dry when coming in from outdoors.
Solid oak flooring is designed to give style and long- term trustability in your home. It includes traditional solid oak boards with lingo and groove joints, 5 fleeces of durable UV Urethane or canvas and arbitrary lengths for a truly traditional look.
Oak bottoms are available in natural golden tones, ameliorated or rustic plank styles and unusual stains.
It also includes unique bottoms that are protean and innovative. They are fully solid all the way through but consist of a three- subcaste finagled construction for ultimate stability. Their structure also allows them to be fitted with a glueless‘ drop and cinch’ joint.