Cropping videos online is a great way to quickly and easily edit your videos without having to download any software. It’s a simple process that can be done from any computer with an internet connection. Online video editors like Flixier use cloud computing to handle the heavy workload, so they will run smoothly on any system regardless of specifications. This also means that you can use them to crop videos on Mac, Windows and ChromeOS without having to worry about compatibility.
All you need is an online video editor and the video you want to crop. You can choose to crop a video for a variety of reasons, from optimizing your videos for different platforms (like turning a landscape YouTube video into a vertical TikTok) to helping viewers focus on a certain part of your video by cutting out anything unnecessary from the frame.
Benefits of Cropping Videos Online
Many benefits of cropping videos online make it a popular choice for video editors everywhere. One of the biggest benefits is that it saves time. When you crop videos online, you don’t have to wait for software downloads or worry about compatibility issues. You can also access the video editor from any computer with an internet connection, which makes it easier to work on the go.
Another great benefit of cropping videos online is the amount of control you have over the process. You can make precise adjustments to the video to get the exact look and feel you’re after. You can also save time by applying the same settings to multiple videos, which is especially useful if you’re editing a series of videos.
Step-by-Step Guide to Cropping Videos Online
Now that we’ve looked at the benefits of cropping videos online, let’s take a look at how to go about doing it. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you crop videos online without any software downloads. For this guide, we’re going to use Flixier, since it’s free to try and doesn’t ask you to create an account to use it:
- Head over to Flixier’s website and click on Get Started. If the video you wish to crop is already on your computer, just drag it over to the Import menu that pops up. Alternatively, you can use the Link option to bring videos over from YouTube or TikTok, or import videos directly from the listed cloud storage services by clicking on the option.
- Once the video is in your library, double-click on it to add it to the timeline at the bottom of the screen. Then, click on the space next to the video canvas to crop your video. Use the settings menu that appears on the right side of the screen to choose a new Aspect Ratio and resolution from the preset list, or type in a custom one. After you save your new resolution, use the Fill Canvas/Fit to Canvas buttons to adjust the size of your video, or drag on it to adjust its size and framing.
- When you’re done, click on the Export button in the top right corner of the screen. Flixier will render your video in up to three minutes and then it will be automatically saved to your computer.
Tips for Cropping Videos Online
Now that you know how to crop videos online, here are some tips to help you get the best results.
- Make use of the grid. Most video editors have a grid feature that can help you line up the edges of the cropped video. This can help to ensure that the edges are straight and even.
- Try different crop ratios. Different crop ratios can give your video a different look and feel. Experiment with different ratios to find the one that works best for your video and for the platform you plan to publish it to.
- Use the undo feature. Most video editors have an undo feature that allows you to undo any changes you’ve made. This can be helpful if you make a mistake or want to start over.
Final Thoughts on Cropping Videos Online
Cropping videos online is a great way to edit your videos without having to download any software. It’s a simple process that can be done from any computer with an internet connection. By following the steps outlined above and using the tips provided, you can easily crop your videos online.
If you’re looking for an easy way to crop videos for free without any software downloads, then make sure to check out Flixier. It’s a powerful online video cropper that allows you to make precise adjustments to your videos and save them to your computer or publish them to YouTube or TikTok in seconds, so why not give it a try today?