Flooring has to be right for your home if you want it to look good and last long. Flooring is one of the parts no one will notice much if they are bad, but everyone notices if they are good. In this article, we’ll go over some amazing flooring types you could use in your home to make it look great right away and boost its value in the future.
When you move into a new home, knowing what type of flooring material will work best for your lifestyle can be difficult. With so many options available, it can be tough to determine which one will stand up to your family’s needs and look great in your new place.
Luxury Vinyl Floors
Luxury vinyl floors are a great choice if you’re looking for a cost-effective and durable flooring type. Luxury vinyl floors are made from 100% polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and are non-porous, making them extremely easy to clean and maintain. They also have a total surface hardness rating between 25 and 50 degrees, making them incredibly durable.
The best part about luxury vinyl flooring comes in various styles, colors, patterns, and textures. You can find luxury vinyl flooring that looks like tile, hardwood, and even stone! This means you can completely transform your living space with just one simple installation!
LVT flooring is also very easy to install if you have the right tools and know-how. Most homeowners prefer to install their luxury vinyl flooring. It saves them money on labor costs while still giving them the same great look as professionally installed luxury vinyl flooring.
Vinyl has several benefits including:
- It’s affordable. Vinyl is a low-maintenance option in various colors, styles, and patterns. It’s also a smart choice if you have pets or children because it’s stain-resistant and easy to clean.
- It’s durable. Vinyl flooring is made from recycled materials and can withstand heavy traffic areas like hallways and kitchens very well.
- It’s easy to install. Vinyl tile flooring is easier to install than other laminate floors because it doesn’t require additional adhesive or glue.
- Easy to clean. Because vinyl is waterproof, it’s easy to clean up after accidents or spills. You can simply wipe up messes or run the vacuum over them without worrying about damaging the flooring.
Bamboo flooring is an excellent way to boost the value of your home. It’s durable, beautiful, and eco-friendly. Bamboo flooring is made from the fastest-growing grass in the world. Bamboo is a rapidly renewable resource that can be harvested every 3-5 years without damaging the environment or hurting other species.
The different types of bamboo flooring available on the market today include:
- Bamboo laminate. This type of bamboo flooring is affordable and easy to install at home. It comes in many different designs, so you can find something that fits your style and budget perfectly.
- Solid bamboo planks. Solid bamboo planks are made from 100 percent natural bamboo fibers pressed into shape using heat and pressure. This process results in a high-quality product that looks like real wood but without the maintenance that comes with traditional hardwood floors.
- Engineered bamboo planks. Engineered bamboo planks consist of multiple layers of wood fibers built under pressure to create a strong yet flexible surface.
Bamboo is so strong that it has been used for centuries in bridges and buildings because it doesn’t rot or warp as wood does. Bamboo floors are highly sought after for their durability, eco-friendly nature, and beautiful appearance. If you’re thinking about installing bamboo floors in your home, here are some helpful things to consider:
Cork flooring is an eco-friendly, warm, and natural option for your home. It’s made from the bark of cork oak trees and comes in a variety of styles, including planks, tiles, and more.
Cork flooring is one of the most eco-friendly types available. Cork trees grow quickly and can be harvested every nine years, so they don’t need to be replaced like hardwood trees. This makes them a sustainable choice for your home and the environment. This also makes cork flooring easy on your wallet because it won’t cost you as much as other types of wood floors.
Cork floors are known for their durability and longevity. They’re stain resistant and can shrug off even the harshest spills without showing any damage. This makes them an excellent choice for homes with children and high-traffic areas with a lot of foot traffic or heavy furniture pieces being moved around regularly.
Cork floors are also incredibly soft, making them ideal for all seasons — especially ones with cold winters! They’re perfect for people who suffer from allergies because they don’t trap dust mites or mold like other types of hardwood floors do.
Ceramic tiles are one of the most popular flooring types in the world. They’re durable, beautiful, and easy to maintain. Ceramic tile is one of the best options for kitchens, bathrooms, and entryways. The material has high resistance to water and wear and tear, which makes it ideal for busy areas like these.
Ceramic tiles come in many different styles, colors, and patterns to suit your taste. You can even find imprinted ceramic tiles that mimic wood or stone for a more natural look. The most common types of ceramic tile include:
- Glazed porcelain. This type of ceramic has a glossy finish that looks like it was just installed yesterday.
- Uncoated porcelain. This type of ceramic is less expensive than glazed porcelain because it doesn’t have a glossy finish.
Ceramic is one of the most popular materials used in bathroom floors because it’s easy to clean and will last for decades without any problems. Ceramic tile doesn’t absorb moisture like other materials, so it doesn’t require much maintenance beyond regular sweeping or vacuuming to keep it looking its best.
There are numerous ways that you can raise the value of your house by making only a few simple changes along the way. The most important thing you can do is research the best type of flooring ideas that will bring your style home. There are so many flooring options out there to choose from. If you don’t know where to start, determine what type of experience you want to create with your flooring. Depending on your specific taste and preferences, you should be able to find a flooring solution that will take your house to the next level.