We all know how important retail interior is and if you are planning a fitout, it is essential that you get the right design input. There is no room for error with a retail redesign and with that in mind, here are some essential tips when planning a retail fitout.
- Store layout – How your store is laid out is a critical aspect of the shopper’s experience, so you should spend adequate time thinking about design and overall layout. Objectives include easy to find products they are looking for and a layout that isn’t crowded. Take a look at the best shop fitouts in Canberra from a leading provider and you will see some fine examples of good store layout.
- Focus on customer needs – When designing your store interior, always put the needs of your customers before anything else; entrances should be clearly marked with interior signage to help shoppers find what they are looking for. Consider all types of people, women with young children and the disabled, making sure that shoppers are comfortable and have everything they need.
- Think strategy – One good strategy is to keep your cheaper products near the front of the store, which encourages shoppers to enter, create a special discount on a couple of loss leaders and put signs in the window. Higher priced items should be placed in high traffic areas for maximum exposure, preferably at eye height. Click here for a few side hustles to boost your income.
- Use a top fitout contractor – They have in-house design professionals to produce the perfect shopping ambience that blends with your branding. They offer a comprehensive service and they can meet critical deadlines, while working to budget with an all-inclusive price. You may already have a firm idea how you want your store interior to look, in which case, the designer can work with that; on the other hand, you might be open to suggestions and the team can put together a few sketches and show you images of previous projects.
- Smart technology – You should incorporate the latest video surveillance and the use of digital signage is growing; you would be surprised at what is available with digital signage, take a look online and get an idea of what is available today. If you don’t already accept Bitcoin, crypto payments are the future, indeed, we are fast becoming a cashless society, we’re not sure if that is such a good thing.
- Think lighting – Lighting matters and don’t be afraid to experiment; LED offers a broad spectrum to help you create the perfect ambience.
- Impulse buying – Some store owners forget about impulse buyers; place low priced goodies near the checkout and monitor sales; you should use store data to help you come up with new ideas. Chop and change impulse products and see how things go, which should lead to the best selection.
There’s so much involved when fitting out a retail store, which is why it is wise to call in the experts who have the skill and resources to create the perfect store layout.