Corselets are a close-fitting undergarment that is often worn to shape the hips, waistline, and breasts or it can also be worn as an outer garment that looks like a laced jacket or bodice. Coresets are also called a corselet. It is worn by a woman to make her waist look smaller and curvier. It is worn on the middle part of the body. It can be worn by men too. It is a tight piece of underwear that is worn on the middle part of the woman’s body to make her waist look smaller and curvy.
WHY CONSIDER CORSELETS?
A corset is a proven shape-altering garment that will instantly cinch the figure. They are adjustable giving the power to choose the perfect fit. Shapewear and other shape-altering garments have been popular for centuries now, and with an ocean of shape-wear options out there, so making the right choice can often feel overwhelming
Lace corselets are for comfort and control of the shape depending upon the occasion. They might take some time to put on but they are worth the wait. One will be a pro with a little practice.
They are fully structured creating a sleeker look making the woman feel sexy. They also into a fantastic bra alternative and help in the correction of the poster.
They are not only for underwear but also can be worn on the outside to form a part of the outfit. They come in the form of shirts, dresses, and jacket styles. When it comes to cleaning the corsets, one must do it by safely dry cleaning them.
TIPS TO STYLE CORSELETS
- An oversized shirt and sophisticated jeans tucked into the boots will go. Pair it with some simple earrings, a messy bun, or open hair.
- Pair mom jeans or dad jeans with tight corselets because a tight top and loose jeans with sneakers are a deadly combination.
- The next wear can be the same outfit but now styling it with a fancy handbag and a belt with classy heels and add a bit more accessories.
- Pairing corselets with leather or denim skirts can be outfit number 4. It almost looks like a dress. Denim skirts go well with sneakers.
- Outfit number 5 can be a pair of jeans and a trenchcoat which gives a very spring look.
- The next outfit would be a dress with corselets over it with some sneakers.
Popular materials for corselets
1. Satin: satin is usually worn under clothes. Satin is that material that gives an hourglass figure with the corselet showing.
2. Mesh: Mesh is a breathable and light material and most suitable for summers. This material gives a great silhouette body. It can be worn over or inside the clothes.
3. Cotton: Cotton is a casual and comfortable material. It is durable and breathable. It is not quite advisable to wear it as underwear because it is a bit thick.
4. Leather: Leather is comfortable over the clothing. It is stylish, but as it stretches out, it is not recommended for waist training.
5. Brocade: Brocade is a thick durable polyester blend. It is worn as a stylish accessory.
TIPS TO WEAR CORSELETS
1. Layer:They are usually worn with a camisole underneath. A camisole is an undershirt to absorb perspiration and keep it clean.
2. Lacing: They are tightened by fastening the front side, and then lacing up the back. The corselets must be laced in the middle for best shape and support.
3. Selection:While choosing the right type of corselets one may have to consider a lot of factors like the figure, style, and the occasion.
4. Care:Corselets can not just be handled harshly by throwing them in the wash and hung in the closet. To make sure they last longer, the person has to take proper care.