Every author would agree that writing is a creative task. Be it a story, poetry, autobiography, biography, blogging, or any form of creative and professional writing; it has to be captivating for the target audience.
As an author, you need to focus on the core job of writing rather than worrying about organizing notes or grammar and spelling mistakes. These days, there are plenty of online content writing tools available to make your life easier as an author.
We have curated a list of such tools to help you. Check them out.
Proofhub is an all-in-one project planning software to get work done faster and smarter. It makes sure that you never miss your deadlines. This tool gives you complete control over people and projects if you have a team. You can collaborate, plan, organize, and deliver your writing on time.
- Track your tasks from to-do, in-progress, and completed modules.
- View features such as my tasks, events and milestones, my calendar, my activities, bookmarks, and quickies.
- Create discussion topics with your team, and eliminate the need for long email threads.
- Assign tasks, share crucial details, and record every project step in one place.
- Organize all your files and documents at a central place for shared viewing with the team.
Proofhub offers a free trial. After that, you can choose from its flat pricing models.
Instoried is among the top AI tools for content writing and creative writing of any kind. It enhances your writing.
- Analyze the tones and emotions in your text to emotionally target your audience.
- Get the real-time word and phrase-level recommendations to boost your content’s quality and emotional engagement.
- Check your text for plagiarism; hence it is helpful for proofreading.
- Use as a headline analyzer. It checks the performance of headlines, titles, captions, and subject lines in terms of their tone and impact. The impact index helps you understand whether the headline is attractive enough to capture the audience’s attention.
- Generate attractive and engaging headlines based on the body of the text.
- Check for grammar and spelling.
Instoried offers a free trial for seven days. After that, you can pick from different pricing plans such as individual, standard, growth, and enterprise.
Evernote is a useful note-taking app for capturing and arranging your ideas. It helps you to remember everything and handle any writing job with notes, tasks, and schedules in one place.
- Sync notes automatically across all devices so that you can access them from anywhere, anytime.
- Add images, videos, PDFs, scans, and documents to your notes.
- Powerful and flexible search capabilities to find your notes faster.
- Bring notes and to-do lists together.
- Connect schedules and notes.
- Get ready-made templates to create better and faster notes.
Evernote offers a free plan with limited features. If you want more features, you need to avail its paid plans.
Good writing wouldn’t reach the target audience on its own. You have to spread the word among the target audience. You can publicize your writing or content on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. Buffer, a social media toolkit, helps you to do just that. It is the most intuitive and authentic way to promote your content.
- Schedule your social media posts and campaigns.
- Respond to comments twice as fast.
- Track the growth of engagement, reach, and following.
- Measure the performance of posts and campaigns in a few clicks.
It has a free plan per social media channel for individuals. If you are a social media agency or an enterprise and need more features, you can buy paid plans.
- Google Docs
Google Docs doesn’t need any introduction. However, for the uninitiated, Google Docs is content writing software. It helps you to create and edit documents online. It has brilliant editing and styling tools.
- Creation and collaboration of documents in real-time across all devices.
- Real-time editing.
- Easy share with anyone.
- Editing with comments, action items, and suggestions.
- Use of @-mentions to pull relevant people, files, and events into the document.
- Smart Compose feature with in-built intelligence to write quickly with minimal errors.
- Spelling and grammar suggestions, voice typing, and fast document translation
- Seamlessly connect with other Google apps.
Google Docs is free for individual users. It becomes a paid plan if you purchase a business version of G-suite.
Bit.ai is a document and workplace collaboration platform. It helps you create quick dynamic notes, projects, technical docs, client portals, training guides, client deliverables, knowledge bases, wikis, and other documents. It integrates across all apps with which you work.
- Customizable workflow solutions.
- Integration of team’s content in one organized space across platforms.
- Responsive auto-formatting
- Multiple themes and templates
- Multi-faceted document sharing
- Custom document branding
Bit.ai offers a free plan with limited features for up to 5 members. If you are looking for additional or advanced features, the tool is available at different price plans.
Image Alt Optimization: documentation and workplace collaboration platform
ProWritingAid is a grammar checker, style editor, and writing mentor, all combined in one package. It gives easy steps to improve your writing. It provides a combination of articles, quizzes, and videos to make writing fun and interactive for you.
- Delivery of thousands of grammar, spelling, and readability suggestions in real-time.
- 20 in-depth reports on elements such as repetitiveness, sentence length variation, vague wording, passive voice, etc.
- Style suggestions to improve the clarity and power of your writing.
- Word explorer and contextual thesaurus to search for the right words.
- Easy integration with Google Docs, Open Office, MS Word/Outlook, and Final Draft.
- Browser extensions for Chrome, Edge, Safari, and Firefox.
ProWritingAid comes with a paid monthly, yearly, and lifetime subscription. It offers a free trial.
- Daily Page
Sometimes, you just can’t seem to find inspirational ideas no matter how much you try. Daily Page can come to your rescue in such scenarios. It sends you a writing prompt. You can write around this prompt and submit the response for public viewing or keep it private. It is quite helpful to build a better writing habit. It also offers writing courses.
- A reminder email every day to write.
- Freewrite your page or choose a prompt.
- Track your writing with stats and a personal writing score.
- Hundreds of creative writing prompt.
- Calmly Writer
If you often find yourself distracted with various options popping up on your interface, then Calmly Writer is for you. It is a distraction-free writing app. This professional text editor helps you focus on writing with its minimal and neat design. It is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux. It supports Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Chromium.
- All distraction options disappear from the user interface.
- Focus mode option to highlight the paragraph you are editing at that time.
- Easy formatting by simply selecting and clicking on the desired style.
- Autosave option as long as the document is open.
- Display of several words and characters written.
- Light. Dune, dark, dark blue, and old school mode color themes.
- Customizable caret color.
- Export to Word and PDF.
The online version of Calmly Writer is free. However, there is a pay-once license fee if you want it to run offline to work directly on local files.
Scrivener is a word-processing program suitable for novelists, non-fiction writers, screenwriters, students, translators, and writers of all kinds. It provides a holistic management system for notes, documents, and metadata. It helps you view your research, notes, outline, and writing in one place. It also offers several tutorials. It is available for macOS, Windows, and iOS.
- Ringbinder metaphor feature collects material and browses between various parts of notes, references, and manuscripts.
- Instant switching between editing manuscripts one section at a time and together.
- Corkboard feature to attach a virtual index card to every project section.
- Outliner feature to work with an overview of a chapter, part, or whole manuscript.
- Arrangement of draft using folders and subfolders.
- Side-by-side viewing of the document.
- Full-screen writing.
- Printing, exporting, and publishing features.
- Auto-save and backups.
Scrivener is a paid tool.
Writing can become a frustrating task if you lose your creativity and desire to write. However, you should know that you are not alone. Every writer needs some help here and there to improve their writing skills and deliver the best results. The tools mentioned above will make it easier to reach your writing goals. These tools won’t hamper your creativity but rather make the process of writing easier.